Having lower back pain. Getting pain while walking. How to get cure?

Question
I AM HAVING PAIN DOWN THE VERY LOWEST PART OF MY BACK INTO THE HIPS AND DOWN BOTH LEGS. IT MAKES IT HARD FOR ME TO WALK A LONG DISTANCE.. iT IS VERY PAINFUL WALKING AND AT NIGHT i HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING MY LEGS TO QUIET DOWN SO I CAN SLEEP. I HAVE HAD BACK SURGERY ALL THE WAY DOWN MY BACK.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
stretching exercise,drugs, further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

The symptoms of low back pain and radiating through hips then to both legs suggests nerve compression or lumbar) spinal region. You need further evaluation (examination and radiological examination like CT scan) for planning further management.

For my patients with similar complaints I advice lower back stretching exercises like straight leg raising, laying on flat surface and raising your legs to maximum level and tablet containing NSAID like aceclofenac with muscle relaxant like tizanidine/chlorzoxazone with plenty of water. So I advice the same for you. You can also take tablet with methyl cobalamine, pyridoxine and pregabalin after discussing with your doctor for nerve/neuropathy pain. You need to avoid any stress, have adequate sound sleep (continuous 6- 8 hour sleep), have plenty of fluids and fruits and do regular out door exercises. These will help you.

So in nutshell do stretching exercises, have plenty of fluids, can take tab containing NSAIDs with muscle relaxant and neuro protective drugs and consult your doctor for further management.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Follow-up: Having lower back pain. Getting pain while walking. How to get cure? 8 hours later
would 4 200mg ibeprofen be ok for the pain. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes. can take tramadol if uncontroled.

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thanks for writing back.

I can understand the intensity of your pain. You can take that dose. But if not controlled or if you want more repeated dose then can take opioid analgesic like tramadol for pain along with the measures explained earlier after discussing with your doctor. This will help you.

Wish you faster recovery and happy life.

Follow-up: Having lower back pain. Getting pain while walking. How to get cure? 7 hours later
Is it possible that the drug Fenifibrate I have been taking could be the cause of my problem? Please reply and Thanks

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
chances are less.can confirm.CPK level

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thanks for the query.
Yes fibrates can cause myopathy but usually it affects at one site. But in your case the pain starts in lowerback and is radiating. So the chance of your problem due to fibrates is less. You can just chek for serum creatinine level and CPK level to confirm. If due to myopathy the enzymes will be raised. If raised you need to stop fibrates and take NSAID for pain and plenty of fluids. This will help.

Hope this helps you.