Having lower back pain. Found blood in urine. On antibiotics. Found bacteria in urine culture. Having high BP. Suggest

I have blood in urine. Pain in lower back and lower left side, some burning. Been to emer and gave me antibiotics for 5 days but has now reoccurred. Apparently found bacteria in urine culture.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

From what you have described it does appear that you have been dealing with a antibiotics will eliminate the infection very quickly. In some cases however, the bacteria might be resistant. I suspect this might be the case for you.

If symptoms have now become recurrent it might be necessary for you to receive a different antibiotic. The culture results will help dictate what antibiotic will work best for you. I suggest you contact your doctor to obtain results of the culture as well as discuss the possible indication for treatment with a different antibiotic.

Thanks again for sending your question.

Dr Galamaga