Having lower abdominal with fever, sleepy, no nausea or diarrhoea. Underlying cause?

General Surgeon
68 year old male with pain in lower left abdominal area. Began early this morning in the upper left abdominal area and has now moved lower on the left. Pain, temperature, but no nausea or diarrehia.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon. A few more informations on this will be more helpful :
1) Did he have any urinary problems before or at present ?
2) Is he on any kind of medications ?
3) Is there any past history of such painful attacks ?
4) Reports of any other investigations done so far.
5) Any past history of surgical procedures ?

The nearest possibility one can think of at present is a urinary tract infection/calculi or a case of diverticulitis. I will be able to comment further after receiving the aforementioned details.

Awaiting your response...