Having lower abdominal with fever, sleepy, no nausea or diarrhoea. Suggest?

67 year old male with lower abdominal pain on the left side. Pain began earlier this morning and has continued all day. It began higher on the left side and has gradually lowered throughout the day. Temperature, sleepy, no nausea and no diarrhia.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Abdomen is a pandora's box and needs to be examined and observed. As the pain is in the lower left abdomen and associated with fever the chances of left uretric colic are more. Ureteric colic pain is very troublesome. I suggest that you get yourself examined by a doctor and get the following minimum investigations done:
1. Hemogram.
2. Urine routine.
3. Ultrasound of the whole abodmen.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal