Having lower abdominal pain, dizziness and headache. Started spotting. HPT negative. Pregnancy?

I have been having pain in my left lower abdomen (cramps), dizziness, and headaches (mainly on the left side). I took a HPT, but I know it’s too soon to tell. Is there a possibility that these signs point to pregnancy?I forgot to mention the very light spotting (pink) that I have detected even though I am not close to my menstrual cycle date. Also I have been feeling a little more bloated than usual. Are these indicators as well?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am assuming that the pregnancy test was negative. IF you had conceived this cycle, the pregnancy test would not be positive yet (not until about the time of your next period). Also, it would be too early to have symptoms related to pregnancy (i.e. within the 1-2 weeks after conception).

In terms of explaining your symptoms, and based on common symptoms encountered during a cycle, the cramping and bloating is most likely related to ovulation and an ovarian cyst (that forms after ovulation) on the left. It is also very common to have a small amount of spotting right around the time of ovulation. Certainly the headache and dizziness can be tied in to your cycle as well.

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you need additional clarification.