Having lower abdominal pain, chest pain radiating till neck. What to do?

for just over a week I have had lower pain on the left side of my abdomen the pain is strong to touch and movement. I just started tonight to have pain on the left side of chest that extends to my underarm and left side of my neck, feels like a back muscle pull,. starting yesterday I have sudden sweats come over me my back and head get soaked. I have not been exercising it just does not feel right when I apply touch to my lower left side abdomen the pain shoot up into my chest
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
your pain needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

From the history you have given there are three differentials for the pain. 1. cardiac origin pain 2. Pleuritic ( lining of the lung) 3. muscle pain

Pain due to angina usually is left sided radiating to the neck and arm associated with sweating. However what goes against it is that you are saying the pain is tender to touch, which is not the case in angina.

Pain due to left sided pleuritis, ( pluera is the lining of the lung which gets inflammed sometimes) can also cause this type of pain but what goes against it is that it does not radiate to the neck and the pain increases during respiration

Muscle pain is a possibility but usually in a middle aged person coming with left sided pain we rule out the first and second differentials and then consider muscle pain.

Here is what I suggest
1. Please do not ignore this pain any further, approach a physician for an EKG and a chest X-ray immediately
2. Do not engage in any strenuous physical activities like exercise, climbing stairs, sexu intercourse, etc
3. Watch out for dizziness, chest pain and palpitations

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me