Having lower abdominal pain and feeling bloated. What am I suffering from?

General Surgeon
Lower right abdomen pain not to bad though just been feeling very bloated, feel like I need to pee more than usual, also my stool is always clay colored and usually flat and in small pieces
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 31 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Lower right abdominal pain can be caused by urinary tract stones, inguinal hernia or appendicitis.
From all mentioned, appendicitis should be ruled out at first. Especially if the pain has appeared in a few days, nausea or fever are present.
Urinary tract infection or stones can give also back pain, burning when urinating and frequent urinating.
Hernia should give the lump in the groin area. Moreover, the pain should get intense while coughing or lifting heavy objects.

I suggest you to have some tests. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis should be done at first.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Having lower abdominal pain and feeling bloated. What am I suffering from? 4 minutes later
Yea I have no pain while I urinate or anything just feel very bloated that's why I always feel the need to pee more... But would you happen to no why my stool has been flat and clay colored its been like that the last 2 months.. I haven't had a full round stool in awhile any help would be appreciated thank you
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Such stool can be caused by many factors including: diet (lack of fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake), severe bacterial infection of intestines, medicines (antidepressants, Ca-blockers), thyroid disease, partial bowels obstruction, inflammatory bowels disease.
As you are very young person, I suggest you to start with diet change. Increase fiber XXXXXXX products, mineral water intake, avoid fatty foods. Physical activity should be also increased.
If it wont help, stool tests and colonoscopy might be necessary.