Having lower abdominal pain above hair line and suffering from IBS. Going to toilet frequently. suggest the treatment?

i have lower abdominal pain above my hair line i suffer from chronic ibs and have been going ot the toilet 20 times a day it is soft and mjushy like toothpaste and foul smelling im not vomiting and no nauseous
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take mebeverine,chlordiazepoxide,loperamide

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

What all you have to do is:
1. Take antispasmodic agent like mebeverine along with chlordiazepoxide like
2. take antisecretory agent like loperamide it will help in reducing stool frequency
3. Syrup sucralfate also helps in reducing stool frequency, I find it very useful in my patients

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having lower abdominal pain above hair line and suffering from IBS. Going to toilet frequently. suggest the treatment? 39 minutes later
im already on loperamide and colofac and paracode for pain etc does it sound like i have a bug or is the pain in that area similiar to um a ibs attack its like nothing stays inside me its horrible should i keep earting and drinking
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue with above medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Sorry for delay. I really appreciate your concern but don't get panic.For bugs just get stool examination or simply take one tablet of albendazole empirically. This pain can occur in IBS also. I don't think any other pathology so continue with these medications. Also see whether milk or milk products worsen stool frequency, if yes then avoid them. also avoid artificial sweetner. Take a course of pre and probiotic also

If you do not have any clarification , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.