Having lower abdominal pain. Torn labrum hip surgery to be done. Are they related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been having lower left abdominal pain that radiates to my groin area, pretty severe at times. It feels like pressure in the area (like a pinched nerve almost) and goes into my leg. I am having surgery for a torn labrum on that hip next month and believe it could be related but am not positive. Pain medicine is not alleviating the symptoms. Other thoughts on what it could be and if I should call my doctor.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
The pain in the lower left abdomen is not likely to be related to the torn labrum. The pain in a torn labrum can radiate to the leg. The pain that you have described is more likely to be related to a pinched nerve at the level of the spine. This could happen due to a mild disc protrusion.
An MRI scan of the spine will help in proper diagnosis and further treatment. You can consult your orthopedician for the same.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.