Having lower abdominal pain. Having periods. Can I go for scanning. Looking for advice

General Surgeon
Hi ,
I am XXXXXXX from chennai ,India. I am having pain in lower abdomen for past six months, doctors advised me to go for scanning to find out any appendices problem .but now i am in 3rd day of my menses period.whether shall take scan in my 3rd day of my period. is it ok..Please advice me..
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 24 minutes later

You probably are suffering from chronic appendicitis/ ureteric stone/ PID, for which your doctor may have advised you ultraound abdomen..

There is no contraindication for it during menses.. You can surely get it done now..

Hope this helps you doubts.. Feel free to ask any more query you have..
Wishing you a speedy recovery..

Dr.Rajat Gupta