Having lower abdominal pain. Found cyst on ovary and noticed bruise on abdomen. Prognosis?

General Surgeon
i am 58 years old. I have been having lower abdominal pain for a while now. I had a CT scan and a Vaginal thingy with a scope of some kind. All they found was an extremely small cyst on an ovary. I only have my ovaries. I was lying on the bed yesterday and my husband notices a horizontal band of bruises on my lower abdomen. For the past two days previous to this, every time I stand up it feels like my "insides" want to fall out and is very painful. It stops after moving around a bit. What could have caused this bruising?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 24 minutes later
As you had CT scan of the abdomen,any major problem inside the abdominal cavity would have been diagnosed.But,they have found only a small cyst on your ovary.
a small cyst does not cause lower abdominal pain.
Bruising is one of the commonest side effect of Anticoagulant.As you are using blood thinner,it might have caused bruising.
The blood vessels would have been dilated and they are reduced after movement.
Any minor trauma or strain in the lower abdomen would also be responsible.
If the bruises are still present and are alarming,please get your Bleeding time,Clotting time and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) values.
If they are abnormal,please consult your cardiologist and get his advice.
Till then please take muscle relaxant.
If you come back with the latest values of above tests,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery