Having lower abdominal cramp while sitting, standing, running or walking. Which specialist should I consult?

Critical Care Specialist
I have cramp like feeling in my lower left abdomin that hasnt gone away in almost 2 days. When i sit i dont notice it. When i stand and stretch with arms above my head i can feel it. I also feel it when i press the area with my fingers. It feels like a cramp i'd get if i was running. I can also notice when i walk. Should i get this reviewed by a dr or is this something that will pass? What could be the cause of this?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 48 minutes later

I wanted to know few things that are if you able to pass stool and flatus, or is it like water balloon.

You should get done few investigations and visit to a surgeon for discussing further treatment like laxatives, antibiotic, and other symptomatic treatment.

Investigations required:
1)Ultrasonography of abdomen
2)X-ray abdomen

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.