Having lower abdomen pains, headaches and light headedness. What is causing this?

I am a 22 yr old male, currently in africa for a brief stunt. Myself and three others have began having lower abdomen pains as well as headaches and light headedness. We have not been eating the same things and are only in close proximity with one another for about an hour a day. Any ideas on what I should be doing?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 40 minutes later
I think you are having excess of outdoor activities in an hot and arid environment.
You are not accustomed to that kind of environment and that kind of strenuous activities in routine life.
So the problem mainly I think is related to maladjustment to the environment, please limit this because you may fall ill as such or may suffer heat stroke which is a lethal illness.
Another possibility is traveller's diarrhoea related infection of gut which may cause all this type of manifestation, mostly caused by E. Coli, Entamoeba and shigella.
Please identify your case with this description and take appropriate action.
Hope you will get well soon.