Having low thyroid. Need specialist to prescribe for autoimmune disorder?

Question
autoimmune docs in sacramento roseville ca area epstein barr diagnosis..low thyroid condition diagnosed 10 years ago....need physician who specializes in this autoimmune disorder
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 8 hours later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The physicians who deal in autoimmune disorders are Internists or the Rheumatologists.
Hypothyroidism itself may be of autoimmune or viral origin.
A physical and local clinical examination by the mentioned specialist will be helpful.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Having low thyroid. Need specialist to prescribe for autoimmune disorder? 1 hour later
can you give me names of rheumatoligists in the roseville,sacramento areas

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The names can be found on the website of your state medical register or you can get them from nearby multispecialty hospitals because most hospitals keep rheumatologists often more than one in the list of doctors.
Take Care!