Having low sperm count and abnormal morphology. Eating additional greens to improve sperm health. What else should I do?

Infertility Specialist
My wife and I are trying to conceive, but I have low sperm count (6 million/mL approx 2 months ago) and 52% abnormal morphology. She is nearing her peak fertility.

Should we try every 24 hours or every 48 hours?

I've been eating addtional greens, berries, Gogi berries, Antioxidant 6 supplement, milk and zinc to improve sperm health. I'll test again next month.
My family doctor suggested every other day. However, I've read some studies that showed better results with every day nearing ovulation time. My wife's peak will be tomorrow, ovulation sunday or monday.
We have been every other day, but again, I've read studies saying this is a 'myth' and that every day or even 2x a day during the peak is better for motility.

Should we follow the new studies and try every 24 hours or 2x per day? Or continue with 48 hours inbetween?
July lab results
volume: 2.5 mL
count: 5 million/mL
motility: 46%
vitality: 85%
viscosity normal
appearance normal
pH 8
liquefication: 1 hour
52% abnormal
occasional spermatogonia/spermatocytes/spermatids..white cells within normal limits
variation is size of heads and/or tails, acrosomal/postacrossomal region...Based upon the WHO
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi, go for ICSI without wasting time

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It is better try daily around ovulation day ( 2 days before and 3 days after date of ovulation).

2) Your sperm count is very low. It is very difficult to conceive naturally with this count. You need to go for Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) treatment with this count and motility.

3) If your wife's age is more than 30, I dont think you should wait any longer hoping for improvement of your sperm count. Its not always possible to increase count.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up query you have.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist