Having low cholesterol and blood pressure. Can I drink red wine?

Can you drink red wine if you have low Cholesterol and take blood pressure pills
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, You can drink red wine only if you limit the cups you'll have to only one. Usually, only a cup of red wine won't affect your blood pressure unless you will notice some symptoms like flushing, headache, etc. With regards to cholesterol effect, continuous drinking of alcoholic drinks and in large amount could negatively affect lipid profile. If limited to occasional drinking, then, there is not much affect. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!