Having low back pain. Diagnosed sciatica. Taking Loestrin. Guide

I have been having back pain in connection with periods for the last 2 1/2 years. Lower back, through pelvis into severe cramping. I've been to three doctors. One told me ovaries were fine. One (a GP) said it was arthritis settling into my lower back and my regular gynecologist gave me the "muscles around the pelvic area pulling and stretching... XXXXXXX speech. I recently had to go back to the doctor about sever back pain which turned out to be sciatica and am currently going to p.t. to treat that. That part of the back pain has gone away. However, I am still having the tailbone pain and the cramping. I am on Loestrin FE continuously as I have had irregular and heavy periods. I went one year with no periods and switched to a generic brand which my body did not like. Switched back to Loestrin and it took a while but my body settled back down and I did not have a period in January, February, or March. But come April, back pain returns (this was when I started P.T) and light bleeding for two weeks. No bleeding for about 4 days and now bleeding again with a large clot this morning. Back pain that is not the sciatica and cramping. I am at a loss as to what to do and who to see and what to ask. I am an active person and all this back pain and bleeding is hindering my activities. Please guide me. Oh, and I just had my annual exam and all was normal. I hadn't had any bleeding until after the exam so it was not an issue at the time of the exam.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Since you are taking the contraceptive regularly, you are having anovulatory periods. These are not likely to cause the pain that you are having.
The heavy bleeding will also subside with the oral pills that you are taking. In case the bleeding is very heavy with clots then additional hormonal pills may be needed to control the bleeding. This you can get prescribed from your gynecologist.
For the persistent back pain and the pain in coccyx, it is best to consult an orthopedician and get an MRI scan of your lower back done for proper diagnosis. Oral pain killers in combination with potent muscle relaxants will help in providing relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.