Having loss of balance. Feeling nausea and weak. Suggest?

Nov 2013

I have developed balance issues worst if I lie down for a while and it's not blood pressure related. Also if I persist on walking I get slighted nauseous and weak on the legs was in the hospital for 5 days for tests and they couldn't find the problem. Did not see a neurologist when I suggested it they said my symptoms did not indicate a problem that I needed a neurologist. Any suggestions or ideas. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you for posting your query.

Balance issues can occur with neurological problems. Common conditions to look for would be brain ischemia (lack of blood flow to parts of brain) and peripheral neuropathy (a disease of nerves of legs). The first can be diagnosed with a brain scan, preferably an MRI and the second with a nerve conduction studies (NCV).
In some cases, balance problems can also occur with ear-related diseases (labyrinthitis).

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: