Having loss of appetite and reflux problem. Started vomiting. What treatment should be done?

Question
hello doctor...help me on her appetite. she has a very low appetite.never seen her craving for food or asking for it. we have to force feed her. she might sit with us to eat but after 2-3 bites she says she is full.she doesnt like anything...even if you give her any juice wether XXXXXXX or mango she will take 3 sips and throw it away. when she had the reflux problem since then i feel she is afraid of eating as it will lead to vomit. she doesnt even chew the food...try to sollow it most of the times. she is 3 year old with just 11 kg weight. very skiiny.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 2 hours later
Hi!

Thanks for contacting us

Low appetite can be due to several reasons. In case of children, a small appetite could be due to i) worm infestation, ii) suppression of liver function, iii) after any viral infection like fever, bronchitis etc. iv) moody nature, v) different food choices like if she is fond of junk or fast food, vi) any sort of digestive problem etc.
So as per your statement she have just recovered acute URTI. So looking at all those issues here are some medications suggested below. You can give her

1) Psorinum - 30 - If in globular form 7 to 8 globules OR if in liquid form 2 to 3 drops diluting with 1 spoon of water TWO times in a day for 4 days.
2) Cina-1M - If in globular form 7 to 8 globules OR if in liquid form 2 to 3 drops diluting with 1 spoon of water TWO times in a day for 4 days
3) Lycopodium - 30 - If in globular form 7 to 8 globules OR if in liquid form 2 to 3 drops diluting with 1 spoon of water TWO times in a day for 8 days
Do let me know if you have any more questions

Follow-up: Having loss of appetite and reflux problem. Started vomiting. What treatment should be done? 28 minutes later
doctor her appetite problem is not after URTI but was also there before.she is very prone to recurrent cold and cough...specailly since the time she has strated to go to school. how should i built her immunity as she doesnt eat.she started in July and already till september she had the infection twice. our doctor homopathic said her liver is weak. i have cina 200 can i double the dose. also use of all this will not get her reflux back.

Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 5 hours later

Thanks for contacting us.

You continue those medicines. The appetite will not be good enough in just 7 or 8 days; but those medicines will help to improve her appetite gradually. Again after week you may contact me and I will reschedule its dose. But for now continue as per the doses I have given.

Cina - 1M works better than 200 potency. So you continue Cina-1M. Those medicines will never cause reflux to return back and infact will cure her reflux if present. Homeopathy medicines do not create at all any medicine side effects.

Regarding her chronic cold tendency a detail case history required. Here some questions I am putting send your answer then I can able to select some remedies.

- Does she sweat more? If yes, then more from head / whole body?
- Does she like extra salt in her foods or affinity towards taking more salt?
- Does her legs feel cold to touch often?
- Is she prone to get frequent upper respiratory infection like cough, tonsillitis, fever etc OR more allergic sneezing one after another but not cough and cold?
- Is there family history (up to last 3 generation) of Tuberculosis / cancer of any body?
- Does she have any skin disease?

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Having loss of appetite and reflux problem. Started vomiting. What treatment should be done? 16 hours later
OVERALL EVEN THOUGH SHE EATS LESS SHE IS A VERY ACTIVE CHILD.cant sit at one place.graps things very quickly.
Does she sweat more? If yes, then more from head / whole body?- yes swats more from head.her head is always hot

Does she like extra salt in her foods or affinity towards taking more salt?- she like more of sweet food . salt ok qty

Does her legs feel cold to touch often?- yes

Is she prone to get frequent upper respiratory infection like cough, tonsillitis, fever etc OR more allergic sneezing one after another but not cough and cold?- yes specially with change of season

Is there family history (up to last 3 generation) of Tuberculosis / cancer of any body?-no

Does she have any skin disease? no

Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 3 hours later
Hi!

Thanks for writing back.

For her chronic cold and cough, here are some medicines suggested that you can continue for a longer period.
Calcarea carb - LM-1 OR 0/1 - globules form - 4 to 5 globules at a time diluting with 1 spoon of water once in a day at morning empty stomach DAILY for 10 days.
After 10 days give LM-2 OR 0/2 on the same procedure for next 10 days. After LM - 2 give LM-3 THEN LM-4, LM-5 .... like wise on every 10 days interval on increasing potency upto LM-10 then write back to me for further modification of dose

Natrum Sulph - 6 X - 4tabs at a time THREE times in a day DAILY
Tuberculinum Bov - 1M - Liquid form - 2 to 3 drops diluting with 1 spoon of water give WEEKLY ONCE say on every Sunday early morning just after waking from bed.
On that day STOP the other 2 medicines. From the next day continue the other 2 medicine as usual

Let me know if you have any more concerns
Thank you

Follow-up: Having loss of appetite and reflux problem. Started vomiting. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
Sir, i have started with cina and lycopodium today...should i wait for 4 days and complete this and then start with immunity booster...i also wanted to add one more thing...she usually get ill after visiting the doctor for vaccination.100% of the times when she gets vaccinated she gets ill and that to prolonged cough and cold or as u say URTi

thanks

Hi
Thanks for contacting us
Yes after 4 days you can start this constitutional treatment.
You add another medicines with the constitutional treatment. Thuja occidentalis - 10M - liquid - 2 to 3 drops diluting with 1 spoon of water give ay morning empty stomach ONCE in EVERY MONTH. On that day stop all other medicines. Give it for consequently 5 months i.e 5 does.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having loss of appetite and reflux problem. Started vomiting. What treatment should be done? 2 days later
hello sir,
before i even could start the immunization booster...she is down with cold again...running nose...clear nasal discharge...irritation in nostrils and upper lips...started yesterday afternoon...uptill moring no coughing but i suspect it will start soon...please help on the reemdy.

also i have given her 3 doses of cina 1m and lycoposium as u discussed.but yesterday i gave him aconite and stopped all the other medidine.

Thanks for following up.

For acute symptoms I suggest the following:
Aconite-30 - every 3 hourly 4 times
Arsenic - 30 - every 3 hourly 4 times
Wyethia-30 - every 3 hourly 4 times

Since she seems to have multiple and recurring symptoms, it might be a better option to consult a doctor in person. He/she can rationalize all her medications, doses and frequency for best benefits. I will be available for discussion if needed.

Hope this helps.