Having loose mucous stools and yellow thin discharge from anus. Bloated, gurgling in stomach and rectal pressure due to haemorrhoids. Advise?

I have been having loose mucousy stools no foul odor a clear to yellow thin discharge from anus ocassionally when i pass gas. I am very bloated gassy with gurgling in my stomach that usually occurs after i eat. Then urgency to go. I lost 4 lbs due to scared to eat but then gained 2 back when i started to eat more. I seem to have a feeling of having to go most of the time. No nausea or vomiting at this time. Some rectal pressure due to hemrrhoids ftom having my son 5 years ago. No bleeding no abdominal pain just uncomfortable. Have been to pcp had cbc liver fct kidney fct h pylori all negative and normal was tested for c diff which was negative
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs thorough investigation for organic cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

You haven't mentioned about the duration of these symptoms.It suggest that you are having chronic painless small bowel diarrhea with an alarming feature of weight loss but it may be due to diet restriction as you mentioned that you gained weight when you started eating properly. There can be reasons for the same:
1. IBS)
2. Malabsorption syndrome

So you need to be investigated thoroughly for any organic cause first

1. Stool examination- especially for fat and reducing sugars, worms
2. blood test for gluten allergy- antiendomysial antibodies for celiac disease
3. Repeat endoscopy and duodenal biopsy

If all these are normal suggest it is IBS only.

For which you have to:
1.If milk or milk products are worsening your symptoms then please avoid them
2. Avoid artificial sweetner
3. Take antisecretory agent like loperamide
4. A course of pre and probiotic

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having loose mucous stools and yellow thin discharge from anus. Bloated, gurgling in stomach and rectal pressure due to haemorrhoids. Advise? 12 minutes later
This has started in july post d&c after a miissed miscarriage i purchased probiotics and have taken immodium. I feel this is progressing as i feel abdominal discomfort not pain. Im just nervous as i am a nurse and always think the worse
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be evaluated for organic cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I appreciate your concern. I will like to advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist to see for any organic cause as I explained above since you have mentioned it is progressive.

If you do not have any clarification , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.