Having loose motions few minutes after eating. How to get relief?

I have loose motions. I was alright yesterday but my stomach has been upset since i woke up today. Few minutes after eating anything i had loose-motions
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in,
It seems that you are having Acute Gastroenteritis. This may be due to some infection is entered in your gut through contaminated food or water.
Due to irritation now, any thing you take orally can produce spasm in the intestine causing colicky pain and produce urge to go for motion. At this point, if you do not have any fever or blood in your stools, you would need an anti-motility agents like loperamide. If you have fever or blood in your stools, you would need an antibiotic. However, these are prescription drugs and would need you to see a physician in person.
As of now, you should be ok within the next 12 hours if you follow these steps.
1. Take plenty of fluids. Take 1 XXXXXXX ELECTRAL and mix in 1 litre of water. Have the whole solution within 24 hours. I would suggest that you take atleast 2-3 packets of this and keep drinking it. This will help prevent dehydration.
2. Take light diet like curd, buttermilk, rice.
3. Avoid coffee and tea
I hope I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.