Having loose motion, vomiting, fever, indigestion. Given injection to stop vomiting. Had blood tests for malaria and SGPT

Question
Dear Doctor ,
My mother,age 59 years suffering from loose motions,vomiting and high degree fever(not less than 102-103) for past 2 days after coming from a Marriage Party..,is on medications prescribed by my family physician. But still no improvement observed and she is unable to digest even water,so today morning ( 11:30 am IST),she was given injection in order to stop her vomit sensation n inability to digest anything. By God's grace,she has now been able to digest some amount f glucose powder given to her ,and its been 2 hours almost that she has digested it.
I am worried about her high grade fever which is making her break down in terms of bodypain,restlessness,irritation etc. The doctor has also asked for blood tests which includes test for Malaria and some SGPT also,which reports wil come in few hours.
Kindly tell me how can I make my mother well as early as possible.
XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 27 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The symptoms you have suggestive of bacterial infection of the gastrointestinal system that have caused gastroenteritis. The high grade fever is also a result of the infection. As all of the tests have been ordered. A stool complete analysis is also suggested.

The effective antibiotic in such condition is ciprofloxacin along with metronidazol and an antidiarrheal appulgite available in XXXXXXX form by name of enflor can be used twice a day. The body pain and restlessness is due to fluid and electrolyte loss in the diarrhea and vomiting Therefore re hydration with ORS is also necessary.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Having loose motion, vomiting, fever, indigestion. Given injection to stop vomiting. Had blood tests for malaria and SGPT 18 minutes later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX ,
I will surely let my Family Physician know about your valuable opinion .
I am happy that you reminded me of giving her ORS Solution as an immediate treatment which will help her.
I will surely update you with the test reports soon.
Thanks
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 20 minutes later
Yes surely, do get back to me with the details of the reports. You can contact me anytime incase of immediate response needed. My contact details are available on my profile.

Thanks

Follow-up: Having loose motion, vomiting, fever, indigestion. Given injection to stop vomiting. Had blood tests for malaria and SGPT 2 minutes later
I could not find your contact number where I can speak to you on your profile Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 minutes later
my email id is YYYY@YYYY and contact is +0000