Having loose motion. Its fully watery. How to stop it?

I having loose motion since this morning. Its fully watery. So far I had it twice.
I dont have fever or any other issue. And i dont feel tired too. Last night I had sandwitch in a hotel with spring rolles. I drank bottled water only.
If i continue to have this loose motion, what should I do to stop it?

Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait, take antibiotics if persists or increase

Detailed Answer:

Two loose stools after eating out in hotel is obviously a result of infection caused by something in the food.

If you do not have fever or pain abdomen, then you can wait and do nothing as for now. It may resolve on its own.

However, if symptoms persist or increase then you should take a course of antibiotics. You can take Tab Ofloxacin 200mg twice a day for 5 days.

Continue to take adequate liquids so that you do nt become dehydrated.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal