Having liquid discharge from anus. History of constipation. Noticed blood in stool. Safe remedy?

In the last 6 weeks I have been having liquid discharge from my anus which in the last couple of weeks have gotten worse. This past week I. Increased my fiber with metalmucil allbranhave taken stool softness and laxatives. Ups til this past week. My vowel movements have been all over the place with days of not being able to have one. I have had a history of constipation and at least external he heroics. In the last 2 days it did decrease when I didn't take the laxative, but around the afternoon a large amount would come out with no warning, very embarrassing.
Also tonight it has been. Continuously coming out even after having a bowel movement late afternoon which was soft but formed. The stool has blood in it with a white fatty substance usually at the end(like yesterday)'
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 33 minutes later
Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
You seem to be having factitious diarrhea because of constipation and loaded colon. This happens when hard stool is accumulated and stuck in rectum, leading to fluid accmulated above it to seep down. At the same time one should definitly rule out any organic lesion like malignancy causing luminal obstruction. This will need a colonoscopy. Colonoscopy will also diagnose your problem conclusively.
I suggest that you should see your GP or a gastroenterologist at the earliest, who can then organise a colonoscopy for you.
I hope my suggestions help you. If you have any further query you can always write back.
Best wishes,
Dr Dinesh Singal
Follow-up: Having liquid discharge from anus. History of constipation. Noticed blood in stool. Safe remedy? 11 minutes later
After taking the laxatives this week I did eliminate a lot. If it is this diarrhea what else. Can be done?
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 5 hours later
A colonoscopy is certainly needed to rule out colonic obstruction. If it is not there then probably you will need regular laxatives to prevent constipation and faecolith accumulation in rectum.
Best wishes,
Dr Dinesh Singal