Having light pink discharge and trying to conceive. Had intercourse. Pregnancy test was negative. Chances of being pregnant?

Question
I usually have a regular 28-32 day cycle.

On day 25 of my cycle I started having a brown/pink discharge only requiring a panty liner all day, this lasted for 9 days.

I stopped bleeding for 4 days and then I have had 7 days of like spotting, it is pink when I wipe requiring only a panty liner a day.

I am currently trying to conceive. I actually had intercourse on days 13,14,15 and 16, 19 of cycle. Last week I did a home pregnancy test which was negative, but my GP has done a Blood HCG I dont get results until Tuesday. Do you think I have chances of being pregnant?
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
The chances of pregnancy are less

Detailed Answer:

Based on the symptoms you had in recent days I suspect it to be due to hormonal imbalance rather than pregnancy. The brownish and pinkish discharge are typically seen in hormonal imbalance.

Its always good to be sure, do wait for the Blood Hcg test.

Hence, I consider the chances of pregnancy this cycle are less.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Having light pink discharge and trying to conceive. Had intercourse. Pregnancy test was negative. Chances of being pregnant? 13 hours later
Hi

My HcG was 1.2 so I think that means I am not pregnant.

I am going to use ovulation tests, when is the best time to use the test there are so many conflicting reports. Should it be in the morning, afternoon or night and before or after a drink also on what day of cycle would you start testing I am on day 7 is it worth testing now

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
From day 12, morning

Detailed Answer:

You can test for ovulation in the middle of your cycle, better would be from day 12. The test has to be done early in the morning unrelated to any drink.

Follow-up: Having light pink discharge and trying to conceive. Had intercourse. Pregnancy test was negative. Chances of being pregnant? 17 hours later
What does HcG 1.2 mean please

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its a false result

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

HCG is structurally identical to an normally secreted hormone in the absence of the pregnancy called Luteinizing hormone. The test misreads it as HCG and such a low level reading is due to luteinizing hormone. There are many other proteins which resemble HCG giving that false low reading.

so it is possible I am pregnant and HCG not reliable

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
No,

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

HCG is released in huge amounts in pregnancy and it is an reliable indicator of pregnancy.

Hence when HCG positive and the levels cross 5 pregnancy is confirmed.

Since its 1.2 in you pregnancy can not be a possibility.

Follow-up: Having light pink discharge and trying to conceive. Had intercourse. Pregnancy test was negative. Chances of being pregnant? 11 hours later
I have very low Vitamin D Levels my GP has prescribed PRO D3 20,000 Unit Capsules are these safe to take when trying to conceive and safe to take with Folic Acid?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,

Detailed Answer:

Yes, they are nutrient supplements. You can take them when you are trying to conceive.

Also its safe to be taken with Folic acid.