Having light brown mixed clear discharge, 6 weeks pregnant. Had miscarriage. Is it normal ?

Hello I'm about 6weeks pregnant but my first apt is not for 3 more weeks .yesterday while I went to the bathroom and wiped I noticed a little bit of tan/verily light brown color mixed with clear discharge . It only happened twice throughout the day and was just enough to barely see on toliet paper but it scared me to death, I know spotting can be normal early on but I've had a miscarriage in the past and worry when I see the little changes that it's going to happen again. Can you tell me if that sounds normal?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

I understand your concern.

Spotting is often seen in early pregnancy. It definitely isn't normal but a lot of patients experience it.

Since you had a miscarriage before, its advisable that you refrain from heavy lifting, bending, intercourse etc until the first trimester is over.

I would also advise taking micronised progesterone daily upto 12-14 weeks. Progesterone is a hormone that helps in maintaining the pregnancy.

If you have continued bleeding, you need to go to the emergency room.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back if you have any doubts.

Wishing you safe pregnancy.