Having light abdominal pain. Bleeding from back passage. Likely to have piles. Advice?

Hi, i'm 31 and had some light abdominal pain mainly in the morning and sometimes during the day for the last few days but had my periods at the same time so did not take any notice until today when I went for number 2 and was bleeding from the back passage but my periods have stopped yesterday. I have been bleeding from the back passage for a while some time ago and seen the dr who said its more likely to be piles as it stopped after few weeks.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 33 minutes later
Dear Madam ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I see that there is a possibility that you can be suffering from piles . But just by history it is difficult to say that as it requires rectal examination after which the diagnosis can be confirmed . I can discuss the symptomatology that is generally present .

Generally people feel the lump of hemorrhoid while wiping themselves after a bowel movement, feel a hemorrhoid protruding from the anus after bowel movements , note drops of blood in the toilet bowl .

I advise you to consult a surgeon who can examine the rectum establish the type of haemorrhoids and then only the decision for treatment can be taken.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti