Having lesion on lower lip inside the mouth. No pain. Treatment?

Have a lesion on the lower lip inside the mouth, that I noticed a week ago. It does not pain even if pressed.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take capsules of iron and vitamin B complex

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Oral ulcer is usually due to deficiency of iron or vitamin B, or due to some viral infection or some inflammatory condition.

So I will advise you to take capsules containing iron and vitamin B complex and apply local ointment containing triamcinalone for at least 7 days. It will help in relieving these lesion

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having lesion on lower lip inside the mouth. No pain. Treatment? 44 minutes later
I am going for the medication as you have mentioned. Just wanted to give some more details.

It is a lesion approximately 1 cm(half a pea) in diameter. It does not pain at all. It is like a nodule, the color is same as with the other areas. Could it be a mucocele?

I accidently that brushed that area against the window a week ago and like 2 days later I noticed the lump.

I have had ulcer before, but they used to pain a lot. In this case not a thing.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
it doesn't appear to be mucocele

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for giving all these details. I appreciate your concern. I have gone through the images you have posted it doesn't appear to be mucocele. Take medication as I advised earlier if not improved in a week, get personally examined by your doctor