Having leg pain due to hair line fracture at feet. How to reduce the pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having leg pain due to hair line fracture at my feet.
How to reduce the pain..
I am on medication. Physiotherapy
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
The pain at the site of fracture is due to weight bearing and a movement at the site of injury. To reduce the pain, you can take a mild pain killer, avoid weight bearing and consult an orthopedician for applying a cast at the fracture site for adequate immobilization.
The best way to reduce pain is immobilization.
Do avoid physiotherapy till the fracture heals completely radiologically.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having leg pain due to hair line fracture at feet. How to reduce the pain? 13 minutes later
I am consulting an orthopedic and going th'u physio therapy in recoup .My injury is healed but still i feel pain while walking..
My muscles are week. I want to know what should i do so that pain should reduced.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If the fracture has healed then the pain is likely to be due to post traumatic stiffness. For pain relief, you need to take mild pain killers regularly, do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area.
Do continue with the physiotherapy. It is likely to subside in 4-6 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.