Having leg pain and back pain when breathing deeply. What is going on?

Jun 2015

Hello, I have really bad throbbing through both of my legs and sometimes, but very rarely (3 times a day maybe), my lower back hurts when I breath. My legs hurt the most when I am standing up or running, It has only being going on for about 2 days, but I find it very hard to sleep because of it. I'm not overweight, and I have tried massaging my legs and drinking fluids.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 56 minutes later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:

1. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
2. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
3. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension.
4. Hormonal imbalance like Hypothyroidism.
5. Lack of adequate hydration, proper nutrition & good sleep.
6. Even emotional factors like stress/tension can lead to such symptoms.

Presence of lower back pain can also be attributed to fatigue & above mentioned factors.

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

So, it will be better to consult your General Physician & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Based upon that, appropriate management steps could be taken.

Meanwhile, maintain adequate hydration, take a healthy balanced diet & avoid stress.

Wishing you a good health.

Please let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.