Having leg dermatitus. Which OTC medicine should I try?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I believe I have leg dermatitus (Stasis). What can I buy OTC to try to clear it up? i do take a RX called Spironolactone Tabs 50 mg 1 once a day. I see some improvement not a lot. I believe this is or cellulitus. Should i be using something else? I do have very itchy areas all over my body s if an allergy but i have no allergies I'm aware of. I am a female, 70 years old and this "condition" started about 1 1/2 years ago. Thank You
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rule out cellulitis consulting doctor

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

As per your history and symptoms possibility of cellulitis with dermatitis can be considered.
Primarily you can take enzyme to decrease swelling like Tab Trypsin and chymotrypsin.You may use Miconazole (Daktarin® cream] for itching.
Consulting your doctor infection /cellulitis can be confirmed, antibiotic can be started according to examination.

If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery.
Colour Doppler study will help to know cause of edema.
Take precaution to avoid spread of infection.
Vitamin B12 is important in the maintenance of health and normal functioning of the nerve tissue in diabetic patient. You can increase B12 level by taking meat and fish, or you can take Inj methylcobalamine 1500 mcg alternate day. [6 doses]
Continue spironolactone medication.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.