Having large red bumps on back of shoulder blade. Not cured by medicine. What should I do?

painful bump
i went to the er yesterday because i have a large red bump that is on the right side of my back by my sholderblade. its a good 2 or 3 in. big. they gave me 20 smz tmp ds 800mg/160mg tab mtl and codeine for the pain... this has been going on for 4 days know and ive taken the meds for the past two days.... i cant lay on my back at all i cant sleep. i just know what to do because no one at the county hospital would even take my blood. im really worried that its a spider bit and im just having a bad reaction. what do i do???
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Have you noticed the spider biting, because with your description it does not appear to be spider bite at all, rather it may be a furuncle that is so common on the back.
TMZ/TMP is unlikely to be effective because the trouble is mostly caused by staphylococcus.
I would advise that you should take Augmentin dose/duration your doctor will know and have the bump examined by a surgeon/physician if there is pus probably would do an incision and drainage procedure if indicated.
I hope that answers your query.