Having large open pores on face. Suggest cream to reduce it

hi...i am 32years female.l am having large open pores on my face(result of XXXXXXX acne i had during my teens).Can you suggest some ointment for reduction.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later

To treat acne induced pores pits and scars. You might follow these suggestions-
1) Use a salicylic acid based face wash
2) Use an alcohol free toner (avoid in winters)
3) Use water based moisturizer meant for acne prone skin.
4) Use a vitamin c or Glycolic acid based cream along with retino a cream daily.

The above four would reduce oiliness over face helping you to some extent in reduction of pores along with improvement in pits and scars.
However definite treatment in reduction of pores and scars would be
1) Microdermabrasion
2) Regular sessions of peels Glycolic or TCA peels
3) Dermarollers
4) Lasers

All these are dermatologist-guided procedures and can be given according to severity and type of pores, pits or scars. I would advise you to visit a dermatologist nearby to get your skin analyzed, so that a proper treatment schedule can be suggested.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, I would be happy to assist you.