Having large hard mass in stomach making it distended and hurting. Having spinal stenosis and unable to eat. advise?

General Surgeon
I have large hard mass in my stomach it makes my stomach distended.sometimes it hurts.but not much super bloated ido have spinal stenosis so im in a lot of pain my stomach hurts and i know im hungry I cant eat alot
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to investigate

Detailed Answer:
Mass in the stomach should be investigated with Upper GI endoscopy,Ultrasound abdomen ,CT scan abdomen.
Please stop pain killers if at all you are using them.
If at all any mass is seen in the stomach,biopsy will confirm the diagnosis.
Eat frequent small feeds.
For time being,i prescribe Rabeprazole tablet to my patients with similar complaints.
If you come back with above reports,i will clarify further