Having knee pain. MRI showed mild to moderate meniscus tear in both knees. Looking for suggestion

Dear Dr. Aggarwal,
For the last 4 months approx I have been having knee pain. This has gradually increased to ankles then elbows and now shoulders, wrists, fingers, toes and feet. MRI shows mild to moderate meniscus tear in both knees. Vitamin D level was 6 out of 100. Have had Vitamin D injections. Level is now ok. Am taking Indomethacin SR 75 but still feel pain. My C reactive protein is negative. ESR is 15. Anti CCP antibodies is 37 (range is till 6). I am unable to exercise and live a normal active life. Could you suggest what to do further?
I forgot to mention that my RA factor is also positive. Also I feel very thirsty and seem to be getting a bit of random bruising on my arms and legs which is not painful. My main concern however is my knees and being unable to live my normal life.
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Parshant Aggarwal 2 days later
From the symptoms you have written there seems to be a possibility of Rheumatoid arthritis. To have meniscus tear in both the knees is unlikely, MRI can at times overdiagnose menisceal injury.
If you have early morning stiffness (feeling of joints getting stiff or worsening of symptoms on getting up in morning) the likelihood of Rheumatoid arthritis becomes stronger.
I would recommend that you get a thorough checkup done by a rheumatologist. Since your symptoms are in early phase the response to treatment should be good.
Follow-up: Having knee pain. MRI showed mild to moderate meniscus tear in both knees. Looking for suggestion 3 hours later
Dear Dr. Aggarwal,

Thank you for your reply. I believe we have no Rheumatologist in our city. But we are only 90 minutes away from Ludhiana. I could not locate your office number on this page. Would appreciate it if you could give this to me so I can set up an appointment to XXXXXXX you.
Answered by Dr. Parshant Aggarwal 33 hours later

You can call 0000 for appointment. Kindly call between 9am to 5 pm.

Let me know if you have any other queries.
If all your queries are answered please close this discussion.