Having knee pain. How to overcome this problem?

Both of my knees hurt to the touch on the outside for a couple of weeks. I walk 20-25 miles a week with good supportive shoes. Never hurt before so not sure what is going on.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rule out osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that it seems that you are suffering from osteoarthritis . It is a kind of arthritis that occurs from wear and tear and mostly age related .

I will advise you to see a rheumatologist for this for evaluation of osteoarthritis .You need to get a Xray of both knees - AP view to look for the extent of damage.

Dr. Shruti