Ask a Urologist   »  

Having kidney stones and prostate issues. Simple cyst in kidney, multiple cysts in liver and multiple cysts in spleen. Additional test needed?

My husband is currently in Dubai and just received his test results for initially kidney stones and prostate issues. According to the ct scan and ultrasound, prostate measures 79 cc and is indenting bladder, hence I believe the cause of the kidney issues. Ct shows stone or stones have passed. However, it also showed a simple cyst in his right kidney, multiple cysts in the liver and multiple cysts in the spleen. My question is this, should my husband seek additional medical testing with regards to the cysts? How does one get this in multiple organs and why? Since he is overseas, I would much rather he come home for further testing.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nephrology consult is advised---------

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
It seems that the prostate is large and hence he has been started on medicines. This is the usual like of approach.
Cysts in multiple organs are unrelated to the prostate. It could be due to what is called poly-cystic disease and hence needs to be evaluated by a physician or a nephrologist.
Hope this helps,
Wish him best health,