Having joint pain, increased frequency of migraines and chest pain. Suggestions

I have had a number of symptoms in the past few months to include all over joint pain, increased frequency of migraines, chest pain, abdominal pain, severe hair loss, sores inside my mouth, breast pain (feels like engorgement), skin rashes on arms and upper torso, kidney stones, UTI, hematuria, shortness of breath, and fatigue. I was diagnosed with plueral effusions twice since January, and pericarditis about 1 month ago.

My d-dimer was slightly elevated in January (564) and in April (651). Also, I have had a positive Ribonucleoprotein Extractable Nucl Ab, with a C-Reactive Protein of 18.4 mg/L, and an ESR of 33 mg/Hr.

I have been goven vicodin for pain, Motrin for inflammation, celebrex for joint pain, and colchiicine for the pericarditis, and my doctor has recently (last week) prescribed me plaquenil. She has not, however, diagnosed me with anything. Her notes are "other and unspecified nonspecific immunological findings XXXXXXX

I am just wondering if this is a normal "diagnosis XXXXXXX or if I should get a second opinion.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 7 hours later

It is a possible diagnosis.

In the light of the fact that she may not have got enough evidence on your blood tests, like a positive antinuclear antibody (ANA).

Your symptoms and the fact that you have multiple organ involvement along with some tests positive for inflammation it is definitely an immunological problem,and as you know sometimes these diseases evolve into a particular syndrome but it may take some time for that to happen.

Also you are on the right medication, plaquenil is pretty much a broad spectrum drug.

I hope I have solved your query.