Having joint pain, constant headache and blurred vision. Taking tylenol, aleve and fioricet. How to get rid of pain?

I am in a lot of pain, my joints, muscle and even by bones feel like they are in pain. I also have a constant headache. These symptoms have pledged my body since October 24th. Tylenol, Aleve, Fioricet, or Lortab do not relieve the pain. I get dizzy if I turn too fast and my vision is blurred at times. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to help myself get feeling better?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rheumatological review. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Joint and muscle pains especially when chronic pain is involved deserves a careful assessment. It would be useful to know if you are feeling feverish, any weakness and malaise. The joints that are most affected deserves to be known. Large joints, small joints, at the upper limbs or at the lower limbs are very important clinical vignettes in making a proper diagnosis. It is most probable that you should have either a rheumatologic or systemic disease. Polymyalgia rheumatica is characterized by malaise, headache, fever and joint pain, especially in the proximal joints (shoulder and pelvic girdle regions). Temporal arteritis would be a possibility in case the pain was unilateral at the level of the head. Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus deserve to be carefully evaluated for and excluded. Generalized joint and muscle pain are classical presentations. Testing for Rheumatoid factor (Rf), Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), HLA27, complete blood count Anti DS DNA are simple and basic tests that would a clear orientation in knowing the possible etiologies. Treatment shall involve anti inflammatory drugs and steroids generally. Blurred vision and unilateral headaches, in this context of joint pain deserves the condition temporal arteritis to be checked for. Left untreated, complications like blindness could set in. I strongly suggest you book an appointment with a rheumatologist. Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment would strongly ameliorate quality of life and preventing complications. Do feel free asking any follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I would be happy making my humble contributions. Kind regards. Dr Bain