Having joint pain and swelling, abdominal pain and sore throat. White lumps on sides of tongue and sore lip. Is it cancerous?

ENT Specialist
I have a lot of strange symptoms from joint pain and swelling, to upper abdominal pain, to sore throat, difficulty swallowing. I am going from specialist to specialist looking for an answer. However my primary complaint is painful white sores/lumps on the sides of my tongue. One of them looks as if it has a hole in the center. Also have a sore on my lip in the left corner of my mouth. And the inside of my cheeks feel like I have lesions or something. Is this Oral Cancer, Throat Cancer, Mouth or Togune Caner ETC...Symptoms. I have had this for months, maybe even a year.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional deficiency, Hormonal or Auto-immune

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The first thing to rule out is any nutritional deficiency. Get your routine blood tests done along with Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium tests done.

2. The second possibility is a hormonal or auto-immune cause. This will require you to visit a Gynecologist and an Endocrinologist for evaluation.

3. If these tongue and lip lesions persist, a small scraping and excision biopsy will give a tissue diagnosis.

4. it may be that there are more than one reason as it is difficult to fit all these symptoms under one condition.

5. You may follow up with the reports at

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.