Having itchy red patches in the groin area and legs with hair loss. Are these symptoms of aids?

Jul 2012

I have red patches with severe itching in the groin and leg turn out to be violet. And peel spots disappeared in the thigh, but there are still spots in my legs with hair loss. Are these symptoms of hiv/253657?iL=true" >AIDS ؟

I did hiv 1/2 test after 4 months of sexual intercouses and pcr test after 8 months after vaginal intercourses all negative
Do i have to do more hiv tests?
And also after sex intercourses i have stomach problems and too much gas and i have pain after food
Also i feel dizzy and headace all the time
And i have decrease in my vitamin D
Sorry im not good in english
Please doctor answear me

Now already two years i have all these problems after sex intercourses (with asian girls without condom many times)

With out condom .after these sex intercourses i had problems in my stomach and gas , 2 years now
Please do i have aids or what
Do i have to do more hiv tests
I didnt use a condom while the vaginal intercourses
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 hours later

Relax. You have a variety of Gastric symptoms & they don't necessarily have anything to do with AIDS.

You have done a PCR & ELISA tests at your mentioned intervals & this is enough. For completion sake, please repeat your ELISA at a different lab with a different method & am sure it will put your mind at ease.

Please go visit a good gastroenterologist to know what is causing the intestinal symptoms. It is unlikely to be related to HIV

The skin symptoms you describe are most likely a fungal infection. Please go over to a dermatologist or use a local mixed cream containing clobetasol-gentamicin-miconazole that you can easily procure over the counter in your part of the world & you may want to add a 'single' tablet of fluconazole 150mg in addition in conjunction with your treating doctor.

Prevention is better than cure & please do consider using protection in the future vis-a-vis condoms should you continue to have such relationships.

Hope this makes you feel better & answers your queries. Let me know if you need more information.

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist,
Cosmetologist & Venereologist,
Bangalore, India