Having itchy rash on face, neck, back, arm and wrist. What kind of rash it is?

Dec 2012

What kind of rash do i have. It started on my face then the neck back inner arm and wrist. it is very itchen and some bumps are in my head
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to help you with your query,

Well it would have been useful if you included some images of the rashes so I will be able to determine the kind of rashes. You also needed to include the duration, maybe try to give more detailed characteristics of the primary lesion you see such as color, size, contours, distribution etc.
They are many causes of itchy skin rashes/pruritus ranging from localized skin affections such as bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic infections etc, systemic diseases, atopic dermatitis, allergy, psoriasis etc. We can only determine the exact cause by examining you physically. Ones your doctor identifies the cause, he would provide treatment which could be antihistamine such as chlopheniramine or steroids (mostly oral as topical steroids are usually avoided on the face), maybe associate to an antibiotics or antifungal or antiviral agent determine on the cause.
Do however seek opinion of a dermatologist at a clinic or hospital.

Best wishes and hope this helps
Dr. Nsah