Having itchy rash on armpit, scalp and legs. Allergies and asthma. Taken medication. Advise?

dear dr.
my partner has got this rash that he has never had before. it is very ichy. it came slowly and on different parts of his body. one of the armpits and down the side (see photos), on his foot and leg, his butt (top crack) and scalp. he has alot of allergies and astma and takes medication for that. he went to his GP today and just got told he didnt know and gave him a fungus cream to see if that would help. im not satisfied with that answer and hope you can help him.

best regards from XXXX.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
scabies, urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and photographs.
It is not looking like fungal.
According to me the first possibility will be urticaria and the next scabies,

Here is my suggestion for you.
1. Ask him to apply permethrin lotion 5 % all over the body for overnight application.
2. From the next day onwards he can apply desonide lotion or hydrocortisone lotion. It is a mild steroid and will control itch.
3. An antihistamine tablet like cetrizine must be taken daily for at least 7 days.

With all these there can be a good response in 7 days.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you