Having itchy hands, lips are tightened and mouth is dry. What could it be?

Hi, I just woke up with very itchy hands and my lips tightened and started itching. So did my neck. My lips are still very tight and my mouth is dry. What does this mean? Very itchy hands.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. David Okia 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:

You most likely have an allergic reaction.
Do you have rash on the parts that are itching?, Did you start on any medications? do you have any fever? Do you have family history of allergy?

Hope I answered your question. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Follow-up: Having itchy hands, lips are tightened and mouth is dry. What could it be? 6 hours later
No, it's nothing to do with my skin, but rather what's behind the sudden tingling of the hands and neck and then it starts to itch really bad. My lips felt thick and rigid, and my mouth was dry. I'm ok now, but if this happens again, I need to know what it is. I was itching like crazy for 5-10 minutes. My upper lip are still a bit funny. The neck and hands were red at the time. I just woke up to the hands tingling and then.... itching. Very uncomfortable.
Answered by Dr. David Okia 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:

This was an allergic reaction.

I would recommend you to see a doctor at your free time, to carry out tests to find out what substances you are allergic to. So that you avoid these substances and also get some anti-allergy drugs just in case.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have more questions.