Ask a Urologist   »  

Having itchy foreskin and red spots on penis forehead. Feeling uncomfortable. Worrisome

hi i have a itchy foreskin on my penis and also red spots surfacing on forehead of my penis whenever i have sex and My foreskin is quite long and I see I have a ring of skin that feels very tight and uncomfortable when my penis is erect. When my penis is soft I am able to pull back the skin over the head of my penis with out and discomfort or pain, however, when the skin is pulled back over the head and i start to get erect I can see that there is a ring of skin that has a smaller diameter than the diameter of my penis hence it goes abit like an hour glass.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. From the symptoms that you have described, phimosis seems likely to be the cause which is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. It can also be due to scarring of the foreskin.

Treatment of phimosis skin also involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but steroids should always be used under prescription. Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under a retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like circumcision and perputioplasty may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the treatment prescribed.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having itchy foreskin and red spots on penis forehead. Feeling uncomfortable. Worrisome 23 hours later
What abt the itchy skin and the red spots on the penis? do u want me to put the cream on the head of the penis as well?
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 hours later

For the itching and redness both, you can consider applying a topical cream that contains anti-fungal and steroid like Betamethasone. Please get it prescribed by a General Physician.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

Please write back for further queries, if you have.