Having itchy feet at the top of foot joint. Suggest some remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Itchy feet at the top toes foot joint. Now just accompanied with clear liquid
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 54 minutes later
Constant itching in the feet with clear liquid discharge could be due to many reasons like-
1. Abrasion caused by your shoes, or by poorly fitting socks- This makes the skin raw and it starts itching. I hope you are not using any new shoes.
2.Heavy sweating of the feet-The moisture causes your feet to itch. Too dirty feet have many tiny particles that build up and make them uncomfortable. You need to wash your feet properly with warm soapy water and let them dry properly.
3. Eczema and dermatitis- cause excessive dry skin and can lead to itchy dry feet.
4. Athlete's feet- a common fungal condition that develops between the toes and results in itchy feet.
There are a variety of treatments available over the counter, but it is best to consult your dermatologist for diagnosis and proper treatment.
Meanwhile you can apply calamine lotion and a steroid(cortisone) based antiseptic cream on the area for symptomatic relief. Apply candid powder to keep the area dry.
You can also take Benadryl or Actifed orally for the itching.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.