Having itchy and sore eyelash. Feeling uncomfortable while closing eyes. What is going on?

yesterday afternoon I just got finished removing my eye make-up from playng around with it since I donot really wear makeup during the summer. Afterwords, I immediatley felt that my lower lashline on my left eye was itchy so I reached up to scratch it gently, next thing I know I felt a sharp -Ping!- and that area began to feel sore.
I examined my eye closely and I saw no signs of irritation (redness,swollen, etc) it looked perfectly fine!. I did not even see a little scratch or anything that could help me figure out what I could have done to make it soo sore.
I refused to sleep last night because I knew that if I closed my eyes it would just be uncomfortable. Since last night following with today- I keep looking at my eye to see if theres anything that may suggest why it is stll sore.
I beleive it may be slightly better today.. when I close my eyes it does not hurt, but, It s a bit uncomforable. When I blink - as long as I do not blink hard, it does not hurt but the soreness is definatley still there! I'm tired from not getting sleep.. I know I should rest my eyes but I just can't..
I applied some cold compresses to my eye but I do not think it is helping a whole lot...
Have any ideas what could be going on?
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

Fortunately no sign of any irritation, swelling or wound is present even after more than 12 hours of removing the eye make-up and hopefully nothing will come up. From your description, probably the edge of nail may have hurt you. Since there are no physical signs I do not this concerning.

Your rightly applied cold compresses. Continue if the symptoms are still troubling. You may try lubrication eye drops if they are available over the counter (check with your local pharmacy). And there is no reason why you shouldn't rest your eyes.

So go ahead and take a little nap. In case there was any injury it should have manifest by now and everything should be back to normal in a few hours. So do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have further enquiries.

Wishing you an early recovery

Follow-up: Having itchy and sore eyelash. Feeling uncomfortable while closing eyes. What is going on? 14 hours later
Thankyou very much!
I was finally able to relax and get a good night rest there s still pain but not nearly as bad... I will continue applying compresses!
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 hours later

Good to know that you are feeling better.

You are always welcome to ask me a query in future.

Have a great day.

If you have no more queries, you may accept the answer and write a review.