Having itching sensation in genital area. Is it due to yeast infection?

for a last few weeks iam feeling itching in my genital area
i think i have affected by yeast infection
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 38 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It seems your question is incomplete or your question can be elaborated in detail as below:

which genital area do you have itching, is it throughout 24 hrs or predominantly in night, since how long, do you have any history of unprotected sexual contact, location of itching within genital area (like shaft of penis, glans of penis, groin area, scrotal area etc)

Because technically the underlying condition may vary based on answers to the above questions

I would be happy to address your query in a better way after getting the above answers

I am available for further discussions
Follow-up: Having itching sensation in genital area. Is it due to yeast infection? 2 days later
the itching is in the foreskin area of my penis
one time i had un protected relation with my girlfriend
she is having yeast infection she is under treatment now
but i cant understand this will affect men also
the itching is throughout 24 hours
is it lead to any sexual disease
iam very afraid
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later
Thank you for the response to my questions

Itching in foreskin may be indicative "balanitis" i.e infection of the foreskin area.

Cause may be repeated phimosis, etc.

In your case, the possibility that the yeast infection can be acquired by you from girlfriend is high likely, even if it was protected

It is not a worrisome condition.

Usually the medications to which your partner has responded, those medicines are likely to respond to you too. Ideally, consulting a dermatologist and discussing all these issues and testing the secretions below the foreskin and taking appropriate antibiotics brings recovery

It does not lead to any sexual diseases if treated appropriately and adequately.

Hope this address your query

I am available for further discussions if any

Wish you good health
Follow-up: Having itching sensation in genital area. Is it due to yeast infection? 5 hours later
she is using a candid v gel oinment this will help to reduce my itching
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 11 hours later
Candid gel should help, but to my mind both of you should take some antifugal tablets, too.

Treatment of both of you must simultaneously on the same day

Consulting a dermatologist will guide you more appropriately

Wish both of you a good health