Having itching on vaginal and anal area. Tested negative for yeast infection. What could it be?

May 2013
I have a question. I've been having this itch on the outside and inside of my labia but not in my vagina and have had some itchy I'm my anus as well. I've been to The doctors there times Within a month and a half. The first time I went it got tested for a yeast infection came out negative. I have been in a relationship for 4 months now. The last two times I described my itch both doctors said it wasn't herpes because id have more of painful blisters then an itch plus they had a look and said everything looked normal and didn't see anything that was questionable. I am still concerned it could be herpes but just don't know it. Also I have no unusual discharge or odor just a mild itch but it's really affecting my everyday life because I always have an itch which won't go away. Can you please help me? Maybe tell me what it could be.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 days later
Brief Answer: Stress and strain, worm infestation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for itching of the labia are : -As you are having itching at the anus also, there is possibility of worm infestation of the intestines like pin worms. That can present with itching at the labia and anus. - Sometimes allergy to soaps, deodorants etc can lead to itching. - Stress and strain can lead to itching sometimes. The possibility of herpes is low, as you are not having any specific symptoms. So, you observe whether you are having any allergy to daily using products. Take bath twice a day, change inner wear twice a day. Use cotton inner wear and keep the genital area dry as per as possible. Avoid harsh soaps and deodorants. Take antihelmentic medicine with your doctor's advice. If the itching still persists, go for swab for culture and sensitivity once. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.