Having itching on outer labia, unusual discharge and odor. Is this due to STD?

May 2013
I have a concern bout something. For the past month I have had this itch on my outter labia and my around my anus and My anus hole. I was using this feminine wash thinking that was the reason so stopped using that but the itch continued, was taking dietary supplements thinking that could have been it so stopped using that and the itch still continued. I have no other symptoms such as unusual discharge, so odor, so pain with urinating. I did shave my genital area and got a few bumps but from shaving because they weren't there before I shaved. I work in a bakery with two huge ovens and I noticed that I itch more during the work week then on my days off from work. I haven't been in a relationship for four months now and my pap smear came out negative back in may. What are my chances of this being in an STD or just possibly sweat /irritation from sweating.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 days later
Brief Answer: Hot and moist environment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your problem are : - Hot environment leading to sweat and moisture at the genital area. -Intestinal worm infestation. That can lead to itching around the anal region and genitalia. -Shaving can lead to folliculitis and that can cause itching. - Stress and strain can lead to itching etc. There is less possibility for vaginal infection, as you are not having other symptoms like discharge, altered smell etc. So, possibly by: - Taking bath twice a day and by changing the inner wear twice a day -Using cotton inner wear -Keeping the genital area dry as per as possible Your problem can be treated. For more details : . tel Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.